Self Isolating? We've got you sorted...
Declutter your home.
Now is the perfect time to review and reflect on all of the things you have in your home. Do you need them or are they just taking up room?
Aim to consciously and mindfully dispose of your items by doing one of the following: upcycle, recycle, donate.
To avoid landfill, have a look at upcycling and recycling your items. You can cut up old clothes for cleaning rags, create napkins from old cotton and linen clothing or donate clothing to women's refuge centres, children’s preschools for dress-ups, vets or schools for animal use, you will be helping others especially in these uncertain times.
Sell, now is the time to pop those items you’ve always wanted to sell on Gumtree, it’s a great way to pass on your loved items to the next person. Just be conscious to sanitize your products and keep a distance from the buyers. If you don’t want to make any money from your items, just pop them on Gumtree or Facebook with ‘free for collection’, there’s usually someone out there who needs what you have!
Read that book (finally!), these are so many great books out there, we are loving these right now.
- A Zero Waste Life in 30 Days by Anita Vandyke
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur. Sit in the sun with your tea and soak up the beautiful words of Rupi Kaur.
- Startups and Self-care by Megan Larsen (founder of Sodashi)
- Sustainable home by Christine Liu. This is an inspiration and practical book that offers you tips and tricks on how to lead a more low-impact and sustainable life. Now’s a perfect time to experiment with your lemons, mint herbs and vinegar!
- Truth in Beauty by Mukti, Founder of Mukti Organics. Truth In Beauty is a practical, easy-to-follow guide that will help you make the switch to clean beauty & a healthier lifestyle without compromising on results.
Add some greenery.
Besides adding a beautiful feature to the room and uplifting any space visually, indoor plants provide some amazing benefits to our kind. They can boost your mood and increase productivity, concentration, and creativity. They help clean the air in your surroundings by absorbing toxins.
In these uncertain times, plants will help reduce stress, fatigue, sore throats, and colds.
When’s the last time you drew something creatively? It could be figure drawing, landscape, how you feel, it doesn’t matter really, just pick up that pen and be consumed with your creativity.
Elevate your mood with essential oils.
We have a range of beautiful organic essential oils that will create the mood you are after, whether it’s a calm atmosphere, elevating your mood, or helping you focus. Shop our range of essential oils here.
Watch Netflix Documentary "Oceans"
This 2009 documentary covers the vital relationship that the oceans play in the overall health of the planet. If nature movies move you to tears, this one will certainly accomplish that task.
Meditate and take time out
Switch off your devices
Find a comfy spot (seated or lying down)
Close your eyes
Systematically relax each part of your body, first flex then let go
Breath deeply and calmly
Start to hear the noises around you and then let them go
Enjoy the serenity.
Leave a comment if you try any of our top tips or if you would like to share your own, we would love to hear from you xx
words | Melissa Shelton