TRENDING IN 2018: GLOWING SKIN
When it comes to summer, there is no denying it. Skin is in. And this trend will be carrying us through 2018. It is all about supple, fresh and glowing skin. Think almost bare “no trick, no contours”. Right up our alley here at conscious.kin! Let's start by taking you through some reliable steps to look after your skin this summer and have it ready to shine for the rest of 2018.
These are the 'core four' that build a solid foundation for beautiful, radiant skin:
- Preaching to the converted, I know. But, ladies and gents, where there is smoke there is fire and it all starts with the gut. A healthy digestive system is not only healing for your skin, but will leave you glowing. We want a diet rich in antioxidants and fermented foods, there are to many good studies out there expounding the benefits for not only our skin but our overall wellbeing.
- Some great easy additions to your diet could be Hibiscus tea, avocado, papaya, and berries. Just adding these four foods in healthy quantities will help in supporting your skin; punching above their weight they are rich in healthy fatty acids, enzymes and antioxidants. Another great addition is collagen, this can be found in the vegan form of marine or grape seed extracts, bone broth, powders and elixirs.
- Exercise and massage. Get your blood flowing and catapult some life back into your skin. Good circulation is vital for skin health, allowing blood to deliver oxygen and much needed nutrients while removing waste product and banishing dull skin. A good evening facial oil will help remove makeup and give your lymphatic system some loving while you massage it in.
- Gentle exfoliation. If your skin feels rough in texture, or is patchy or flakey, exfoliation will help. Gently exfoliating dry skin cells will improve the tone of your skin, help to minimise pores, and wrinkles will look and feel less exaggerated.
- Natural sunscreen will allow your skin to breath during the day if you choose a non-greasy and hydrating formulation. Natural sun screens work by creating a physical shield instead of chemical barrier to harmful UVA and UVB rays. Plus, they provide safe protection free from synthetic emollients, preservatives and fragrance. Another great way to protect your face daily during summer (as well as the rest of the year) is to wear SPF BB or tinted moisturiser.
This is straight forward honest advice, building a structure to support your skin for the long-term. Come in store, where we can help you develop your own personalised skincare routine for 2018. Our lovely staff can offer advice on the best products, include some simple routines and update you on makeup trends and colour matches. Remember James Street is open 7 days a week!
1. If you're serious about gut health, you're going to love The Beauty Chef's cookbook
Carla Oates has created a comprehensive cookbook with more than 150 delicious, gluten-free and dairy-free recipes based on The Beauty Chef philosophy: Beauty Begins In the Belly.
2. An excellent evening facial oil, Wildrcrafted Neroil Cleansing Oil gently cleans, balances, tones and nourishes the skin while the intoxicating scent of neroil, ylang ylang and grapefruit uplifts.
3. Gently exfoliate with Mukti Organics 2-in-1 Resurfacing Exfoliant, which is formulated with bioactive native Australian alpha hydroxy fruit acids (AHA's) that contain antioxidants, minerals, vitamin C and citric and malic acids.
4. Use a natural sunscreen, such as Wotnot SPF 30 Facial Sunscreen and Primer. Perfect for the busy woman who wants a multi-purpose sunscreen. Wotnot 30 SPF Anti-aging Facial Sunscreen and Primer is full of gentle natural extracts that protect, prime and brighten the skin.
Words | Emma Dowling